Date: December 2015
Client: Major Independent
Location: Wattenberg, CO
Project: Frac Support
- Guardian 15K Stage Tool
- Guardian 10K Zipper Manifold
- Flowline Restraints
A client had a five (5) well pad that required 10k rated wellhead equipment for a high velocity, 100 mesh proppant frac job and a solution to maximize pumping efficiency while maintaining the ability to run wireline on adjacent wells. Additionally, the client had experienced valve wash-outs from high mesh proppant which resulted in non-productive time (NPT) and extensive repair costs.
The Greene's frac support technical team evaluated the project and recommended the Guardian Wellhead Protection Stage Tool to isolate all wellhead equipment from frac pressure/proppant and the Guardian Zipper Manifold to increase frac pumping & rigging efficiency.
- Combination of the Stage Tool and Zipper Manifold enabled the client to complete the frac job without incident or leaks:
- 130 stages pumped over Five (5) wells
- 30M LBS of 100 mesh proppant
- Zero leaks or NPT from washed-out or sanded-off frac valves
- Performed simultaneous pumping and wireline operations without additional rig up
Value to Client
- More stages completed per day, reduced overall well costs.
- Robust plug valves enabled faster, easier operation and less grease maintenance.
- Isolated frac valves reduced costs and increased safety.
- Completely eliminated back end repair charges.
- Provided secondary mechanical barrier.
- Zipper manifold enabled connection to all wells simultaneously, eliminating multiple rig ups.
- Multiple product line offering reduced labor cost, and logistics on location.
- Better life of field performance.
- The isolation tool fully isolated wellhead equipment and kept it in "like new" condition throughout the frac job, preventing sand build up behind lockdown pins and inside tubing head production gate valves.
OTHER CASE STUDIES
- CASE STUDY: Mobile Filtration Unit Removes Dye and Hydrocarbons, Maintains Constant Flow Rate for Pigging/Testing Operations