Date: June 1, 2016
Client: Independent E & P
Location: Offshore, LA
Well Type: Workover
Well Name: East Breaks Area
- 15K Tree Saver wellhead isolation tool
- Experienced tool operator and helper
- The client was planning a well intervention that included fracking and acidizing the upper zone of a previously producing well.
- The planned frac pressure was 4,600 psi and the existing wellhead equipment was rated to 5,000 psi.
- Greene's was contacted for a technical, cost effective solution to safely perform the intervention.
- The Greene's Tree Saver wellhead protection tool was recommended to:
- Protect the production wellhead from erosion caused byfrac sand and damage caused by acid.
- Protect the production wellhead from potentially exceeding its pressure rating, eliminating the risk of catastrophic wellhead failure during re-completion and resulting costs of repair or replacement.
Operations & Results
- Prior to beginning the frac, the Tree Saver with frac header was rigged-up to the production wellhead flange.
- The Tree Saver main mandrel was hydraulically stroked to seal off just below the tubing hanger.
- The Frac job and acid stimulation were successfully performed through the Tree Saver tool in less than a day with no incidents or damage to the existing production wellhead.
- The Tree Saver was rigged down, the customer began the flowback phase of re-completion and the job was completed successfully.
Value to Client
- Use of the Greene's Tree Saver isolation tool (option 1)eliminated the costs and non-productive time associated with installing/removing a sacrificial rental frac tree (option 2).
- Use of the Greene's Tree Saver protected the original wellhead from damage during the frac job and eliminated any operational and safety concerns with fracking through lower- rated existing wellhead equipment (option 3).
- Use of the Greene's Tree Saver decreased the overall time for the frac/stimulation job, enabling the well to be brought into production faster.
MORE CASE STUDIES
BOP Testing Services
Hydrostatic & Pneumatic Testing
- CASE STUDY: Mobile Filtration Unit Removes Dye and Hydrocarbons, Maintains Constant Flow Rate for Pigging/Testing Operations
Water Treatment & Filtration