Date: January 2016
Client: Independent E&P Operator
- Wellhead and Valve Maintenance and Repair
- The customer was experiencing high failure rates on production tree valves, leading to shut in's, expensive nipple down and repair operations and lost production volumes. The wells were flowing a fine sand that over time was cutting and scaring the valves, causing leaks and failures.
- The client desired to extend the life of valves to lessen the frequency of shut in-s and valve failures.
- Greene's Wellhead & Valve division was contracted to evaluate the problems and suggested a specific flushing and greasing program to address the fine sands.
- The following steps were implemented to all trees in the field:
- Measure surface pressure reading to determine correct pump to flush the inside of the tree.
- Measure outside temperature to ensure the correct mixture of glycol and water to prevent freezing.
- Begin pumping and functioning the valve, counting the rotations to ensure full operation of the valve.
- Once clean begin greasing the valve while functioning to ensure grease is distributed to the required areas.
- Flush and grease valves, track and record wells being maintained on quarterly rotation.
- Monitor and track the amount of failures and repairs.
Value to Client
- A regular valve maintenance schedule:
- Reduces costly valve repair and extends the longevity of the valve life (even in normal well conditions).
- Minimizes well shut in/lost production due to valve failure.
- Greene's maintains the valve maintenance schedule, relieving the customer of this responsibility.
- Greene's is an API licensed repair/remanufacture supplier, giving the customer a single source provider for valve field maintenance, repair and spare parts.
MORE CASE STUDIES
BOP Testing Services
Hydrostatic & Pneumatic Testing
- CASE STUDY: Mobile Filtration Unit Removes Dye and Hydrocarbons, Maintains Constant Flow Rate for Pigging/Testing Operations
Water Treatment & Filtration