Date: January 2016
Location: Oklahoma, Louisiana, Texas
- Greene’s BOP torque and testing services
- Reduce overall costs for BOP testing by minimizing the time it takes to complete a BOP pressure test.
- Test multiple BOP components to different pressures simultaneously.
- Greene’s has used the Dual Manifold successfully on 65 jobs, allowing multiple BOP/rig components to be tested simultaneously at different pressure.
- Typical projects (test simultaneously)
- Test all components from the top drive (IBOP) to the rig pumps to 3,500psi
- Test the BOP and manifold to 5,000psi
- Reduced the BOP test time by 33% over a typical BOP test where this technology and process is not implemented.
Value to Client
- Rig is able to resume drilling 1-2 hours faster than when conventional BOP testing practices are employed.
- At $25,000 per day-rig spread rate, this saves the operator $1,000 to $2,000 on each full BOP test.
- If a leak is encountered testing on one set of components, testing can continue on the other components. This allows for faster troubleshooting on location, thus saving the operator additional rig time.
- Using the Dual Manifold technique effectively does the work of two pumps with one pump.
BOP TESTING CASE STUDIES
OTHER CASE STUDIES
Hydrostatic & Pneumatic Testing
- CASE STUDY: Mobile Filtration Unit Removes Dye and Hydrocarbons, Maintains Constant Flow Rate for Pigging/Testing Operations