Greene’s Energy Group’s core set of services is now enriched by the addition of the Nitrogen Services Product Service Line (PSL). This allows us to offer services for the entire life of the project, whether it be a well, pipeline project or refinery turnaround.
Production, storage, transportation and handling of hydrocarbons and other chemicals generally require the use of chemically inert nitrogen. As an innovator in nitrogen applications for the growing needs of industries in the upstream, downstream and midstream sectors of the energy industry, Greene’s Energy Group is as varied as the problems which arise during your day-to-day operations.
Our objective is to provide safe, efficient and economical solutions to your precise problems on any completion, production, pipeline or construction operation.
Greene’s Nitrogen Services will meet or exceed your expectations with pride in every industry we serve. Our diversified fleet of nitrogen pumping equipment is capable of delivering a wide range of pressure capabilities and pumping rates.
Being an inert gas, nitrogen does not support combustion.
It’s capable of completely displacing flammable gases, liquids, explosive materials and oxygen from tanks, lines and systems. This prevents oxidation and eliminates the danger of explosion.
Nitrogen can be used to purge tanks and lines for product change. As a gas that absorbs moisture, it allows tanks and lines to be dried without heat or wiping. In addition, it can be used both as a cooling medium and a safe way to conduct pressure testing.
Greene’s nitrogen equipment is self-reliant, requiring no utilities or costly additional piping. This helps reduce labor costs. It’s safe, efficient and fast, allowing our customers to get back on line quicker, reducing lost production.
Greene’s Energy Group offers the following nitrogen applications:
- Gas lift
- Pressure testing
- Production testing
- Product displacement in pipelines
- Dewatering, drying and pressure packing
- Leak detection
- Commissioning and start-up
- A Greene’s Energy Group client on the Gulf Coast required helium leak detection on butt welds made on open ended pipe. We determined that the best solution to their problem was to perform leak detection services on the butt welds using inflatable pipe plugs to seal off the open ends of the pipe. To do this, we inflated the plugs to the required pressure, then injected helium gas into the void between the inflatable plug and the butt weld. Once the plugs were inflated, a handheld leak detector would discover traces of the inert gas at all the butt welds on the outside.
Our array of nitrogen services equipment includes:
• Nitrogen high-pressure test trailer
• Nitrogen bottle racks
• Nitrogen gas booster
• Nitrogen pumping units
• Cryogenic spread
Our units are designed and built with safety and efficiency in mind; all of our units offer “hands-on” Greene’s supervision to ensure safety and customer satisfaction in every job we do.
For more information on our excellence in nitrogen services, call our nitrogen services office at 337-330-8960.
Download our Nitrogen Services brochure.
Broussard, LA – 337-232-1830