Date: March 2016
Client: Major E&P Operator
Location: Deepwater GoM
- Wellhead and Valve Service, Maintenance and Storage
With many major production assets in the deep water GoM, a major operating company experienced problems tracking inventory of production valves and wellhead equipment. For each platform, equipment was stored in many yards with the customer unable to track the total inventory and location of all equipment (new, used, and scrap). In some cases the client was purchasing new equipment when they had new or used equipment already in inventory (used equipment that could have been repaired or refurbished at up to 50% cost of new equipment and meeting the same performance standards).
Greene's Wellhead and Valve Services (WVS) provided the following:
- Transferred customer's wellhead and valve equipment to Greene's yard in Houma, LA.
- Completed initial mechanical assessment and inventory with unique asset numbers assigned to each part and stored per API 6A 21st ed.
- Ongoing, updated inventory management with regular reporting to each client asset manager.
- API licensed repair/refurbishing of client's wellhead and valve equipment.
- Management of disposal or scrap process with full compliance with customer and API & ANSI requirements.
Value to Client
- Client saved $180K in first seven months of implementation, $300K annually.
- 9 equipment providers condensed into a single point of contact for all client's production platforms to maintain inventory and provide repair/refurbishment of all valves and wellhead equipment.
- Up to 50% cost savings on repairing or remanufacturing vs buying new.
- Complete tracking history of all repairs & maintenance and movement of each unique part.
- Additional cost and time benefits from disposal or transferring equipment between assets.
- Greene's employs qualified technicians with extensive knowledge of all wellhead and valve brands to enhance the described services at the customer locations.
OTHER CASE STUDIES
BOP Testing Services
Hydrostatic & Pneumatic Testing
- CASE STUDY: Mobile Filtration Unit Removes Dye and Hydrocarbons, Maintains Constant Flow Rate for Pigging/Testing Operations
Water Treatment & Filtration