Position: Permian Basin Sales Rep
FLSA Designation: Salary Exempt
Position Summary: Works closely and reports to Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) to plan, promote, and expand GEG business opportunities by demonstrating exceptional skills required to ensure and maintain customer satisfaction. With a primary focus on sales, business development, and customer relations.
- Ensure responsibility as directed by CMO
- Deliver weekly activity report to CMO and Ops
- Meet with regional Ops leadership to strategize weekly activity
- Manage regionally assigned accounts
- Meet the client field personnel at regular intervals to coordinate awarded work and get field tickets signed
- Meet with the client Engineering teams to plan work and promote technology
- Meet regional client management as directed by CMO
- Look for opportunities as required with client schedules and job planning information and coordinate with Ops
- Attend regional client meetings as required including normal regular safety meetings and coordinate attendees with Ops and QHSE
- Use all personal connections that have been established in career
- Personal involvement with customer driving team regional goals. Drive infiltration into new customers. Pick and get CMO approval on assigned customers and create and execute strategy to gain work.
- Protect and grow regional market share with customer
- Communicate regularly to CMO
- Plan customer entertainment to establish and maintain great relationships and get approved by CMO
- Keep client organization chart to understand the reporting lines in the client org
- Listen for any market intel from the customers about activity levels and communicate this information to CMO and Ops
- Be the local point of contact for the customer communicating with CMO and Ops any client feedback
- Help coordinate any bid request by working with the Ops and CMO for price and coordinating a response by using appropriate bid templates.
- Update CMO initiatives on regular basis based on your part to deliver plans
- Will be asked to support the process of getting signatures from clients for work performed, coordinating with Ops
- Work with Accounts Receivable to ensure timely payment of customer invoices. May have to talk with customer at all levels including procurement if there are issues with invoices, in order to get them paid.
- Feedback on any service related issues brought up by the customer. Get Ops involved for service issues and help perform root cause analysis. Get Ops and QHSE involved if issue is QHSE related.
- Be a part of keeping the customer informed when we have service problems- as directed by the Ops and CMO
Travel: Daily travel will be required
Any combination of education and experience that would be likely to produce the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Basic keyboard skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrate project and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong oral and communication skills
- Must reside in Midland / Odessa area
- Should have completions or production experience in the region – preferred
- 5 years sales experience in the region
- 5 years oilfield experience preferred
- Well Testing experience preferred
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Eyesight sufficient for driving, computer use and paperwork
- Ability to move freely in and out of the office to meet with customers
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. as needed
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as containing a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.