Date: Q3 2015
Client: Major Independent Operator
Location: Ewing Banks GoM
Well Type: Flowline Intervention
- Greene's Pressurized Three-Phase Separator/Gas Buster
- Greene's Solids Control Equipment
- Greene's Filtration Equipment
- The client reported a blockage in a flowline. The operator needed to determine if the flowline was completely plugged or if it could be cleared with a solvent.
- Greene's was chosen to participate in the above operation; segregate and capture the solvent and treat the fluid to overboard water quality for discharge.
- It was determined that a paraffin plug had developed in the flowline causing the blockage. Hot diesel was pumped through the flowline to dissolve the plug.
- All return fluids were flowed back through Greene's closed loop separator and filtration equipment.
- The water was treated to overboard water quality standards and discharged overboard.
- Hydrocarbons were separated and sent to storage tanks.
Value to Client
- The flowline was cleared and treated for paraffin buildup.
- By using Greene's, to treat the water and safely discharge overboard, the client was able to minimize:
- Waste disposal cost and logistics
- Fluid tank costs
- Logistics and deck space on the platform
- Risk exposure in equipment handling
WATER TREATMENT & PIPELINE CASE STUDIES
- CASE STUDY: Separation Tanks and Filtration Equipment Neutralize Acids, Remove Solids/Hydrocarbons
- CASE STUDY: Mobile Filtration Unit Removes Dye and Hydrocarbons, Maintains Constant Flow Rate for Pigging/Testing Operations
- CASE STUDY: Integrated Solution – Water Management Consulting & Treatment Saves $4.8MM in Marcellus/Utica Region
- CASE STUDY: Solids Control Solutions Return Well To Production On Deepwater Production Platform
- CASE STUDY: Water Treatment Systems Assist Client in Paraffin Remediation Project in the GoM
- CASE STUDY: Closed Loop Separator Maintains Production, Eliminates Capital Outlay for Clients
MORE CASE STUDIES
BOP Testing Services
Hydrostatic & Pneumatic Testing
Wellhead & Valve Sales & Services